With tens of thousands of Westchester County residents without power, dozens of warming and charging stations remain open with extended hours
Con Edison reported that as of 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 8, 3,318 outages were being reported, affecting 26,420 of Con Edison’s 3,323,537 customers, drawing the ire of officials and residents alike. An estimated time of restoration was set for 11 p.m., though Con Edison has changed that date repeatedly since the first storm hit the Hudson Valley nearly a week ago.
In response, local municipalities set up warming and charging stations to help local residents - some of whom have been without power since March 2 - deal with the latest batch of winter weather while crews clean up the area.
Among the warming stations still open include:
- Bedford Town Hall on Bedford Road;
- Moribito Community Center on Westbrook Drive in Cortlandt;
- Croton-on-Hudson Municipal Building on Van Wyck Street;
- Theodore Young Community Center on Manhattan Avenue in Greenburgh;
- Lewisboro Town House on Main Street;
- Lewisboro Parks and Recreation building;
- Lewisboro Public Library on Main Street;
- John Jay High School on North Salem Road;
- Ridgefield Recreation Center on Danbury Road in Lewisboro;
- Mount Kisco Village Hall on Main Street;
- Mount Kisco Public Library on Main Street;
- Doles Recreation Center on South Sixth Avenue in Mount Vernon;
- New Rochelle Public Library at 1 Library Plaza;
- Hergenhan Center on Maple Avenue in North Castle;
- North Salem Volunteer Ambulance Corps. on Daniel Drive;
- Daronco Town House on Fifth Avenue in Pelham;
- Pound Ridge Public Library on Westchester Avenue;
- Rye Recreation Center on Midland Avenue;
- AJP Community Center on Garibaldi Place in Rye Brook;
- Heritage Hill Activity Center on Heritage Hills Drive in Somers;
- Westchester County Center in White Plains;
- White Plains Library on Martine Avenue;
- White Plains Education and Training Center on Quarropas Street;
- Yonkers Senior Center;
- Yorktown Community Cultural Center on Commerce Street in Yorktown.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.