WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- As Port Chester continues to mourn the loss of 14-year-old Chris Aguilar, security has been stepped up at the abandoned hospital where he died, which was a frequent hangout for teenagers. Click here to read the story.
Some others top stories of the week include (Click on the link to read the entire story):
- After two weeks of protests, letter writing, phone calls, and behind-the-scenes lobbying, Ossining teen Diego Puma Macancela will most likely be deported to his native Ecuador on Friday, Carola Bracco, executive director of Neighbors Link, said Thursday morning.
- Local officials are calling for increased barriers after a 57-year-old woman jumped to her death at the Palisades Center Mall in West Nyack early Monday afternoon.
- After 98 years in one location, Walter's Hot Dogs , known for its cherished family recipe, is expanding -- again!! -- and opening a third location in Stamford.
- It's officially summer and that means sipping, slurping and chewing your way through the best of Westchester's seasonal charms.
- Police in Bronxville broke up an underage party over the weekend involving several minors who were allegedly drinking.
- Legislation has been passed that will afford Yonkers millions of dollars to begin rebuilding “crumbling” schools and invest in new construction throughout the district.
- Officials in Yonkers have called a meeting as restlessness grows following several coyote sightings near the Yonkers Raceway and Hillview Reservoir.
- An 11-year-old Westchester girl is recovering in the hospital after being savagely attacked by two large Bullmastiff-type dogs on her way to school Thursday morning, according to the Yonkers Police.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.