WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A clothing store closure, along with a favorite ice cream shop tops the week's news in Westchester County, in addition to a fire on the Playland carousel.
Residents ready for something cold to help beat the summer heat flocked to Ralph's Italian Ices and Ice Cream in Mamaroneck before they closed their doors on Thursday. Click here to read the story.
Gymboree's Scarsdale store is among the 350 that will be closing nationwide and five in New York. Click here to read the story.
Officials with Rye Playland are hopeful of repairing the 102-year-old carousel that was damaged by a fire on Sunday. Click here to read the story.
Some others top stories of the week include (Click on the link to read the entire story):
- Grant Wilfley Casting is looking for area residents to portray college students in a new HBO Untitled Levinson film starring Al Pacino.
- It's been a long road but on Thursday, July 13, Robin Nesdale will take her oath in Valhalla and become a full-fledged volunteer firefighter with The Town of Mamaroneck Fire Department.
- A decrease in inventory has led to an increase in the price of homes in the Hudson Valley.
- A 51-year-old man has been arraigned on a felony charge for allegedly stealing nearly $25,000 from an auto dealership he worked for in Westchester County.
- A man has been sentenced to a term between 20 years and life in prison as a violent felony offender following a rape and robbery spree in Westchester County.
- Mika Brzezinski, a Bronxville resident, isn't letting her feud with President Donald Trump keeping her from making her own deals.
- A pair of White Plains men have been sentenced to years in state prison after pleading guilty to their roles in a fatal shooting that took the life of a Peekskill man last year.
- Most restaurants take months or even years to open. It took Barley on the Hudson two weeks.
- A wanted man from Mount Vernon attempting to flee from police in Scarsdale flipped his vehicle in Eastchester and attempted to run from officers before eventually being caught and busted for multiple felonies.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.