WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Thirteen high schools in Westchester earned Top 50 rankings in New York State in the newly released 2017 U.S. News & World Report High School Rankings. Click here to read the story.
Here are some other top stories from this past week (click on the link to read the story):
- An Irvington native and West Haverstraw resident who was seriously injured during a fatal Black Hawk helicopter crash on Monday, April 17, in Maryland, has been upgraded from critical to fair and stable condition, according to U.S. Army officials.
- A second Westchester County educator has reached out to parents with a safety message regarding the popular Netflix show, “13 Reasons Why.”
- A search has resumed Thursday morning for a woman who jumped from the Bear Moutain Bridge around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- State Sen. Terrance Murphy might have the answer to stop drivers from texting and snapping photos while driving, causing hundreds of deaths each year, including that of Evan Lieberman, a New Castle teen who lost his life due to a distracted driving accident in Westchester County.
- Nicholas Tartaglione, the former Briarcliff Manor police officer turned alleged drug conspirator made a brief appearance in court in White Plains on Wednesday, where he stands charged with quadruple homicide.
- Westchester County officials are urging residents to lock up their cars following an epidemic of vehicle thefts and larcenies from unlocked, parked cars.
- A Westchester County man is facing life in prison after pleading guilty to fatally shooting a man in Doyle Park when an attempted armed robbery went awry last year.
- White Plains Mayor Thomas Roach announced Thursday he is running for another term as mayor of White Plains.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.