WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Southern Westchester County.
- Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino and other elected leaders welcomed Thursday's federal indictment of seven Iranian computer workers accused of hacking into the networks of financial institutions but failing to access controls to a small dam in Rye Brook.
- Former Mount Vernon water commissioner Anthony Bove pleaded guilty in federal court Tuesday to trying to take a bribe in exchange for a job promotion then lying about it to investigators, federal law enforcement officials said.
- A brother and sister who live in New York City were among the 31 people killed in the terror attacks in Brussels on Tuesday, according to multiple reports.
- State police are advising the public of a phone scam that has occurred at least three times in the area.
- A Mount Vernon tennis player has been named to the first United States Tennis Association Junior Leadership team for her work on and off the court.
- Westchester County officials identified the man who was killed on the Bronx River Parkway in White Plains last Saturday night as Benjamin Wolf, 65, of Brooklyn.
- Eastchester resident Rhiannon Desideri is going coast-to-coast by bicycle in an effort to educate the world about health care.
- The Scarsdale native who was said to be the inspiration for Harry Chapin’s love song “Taxi” died earlier this month in Falls Church, Va., according to a report by lohud.com.
- Yonkers police are searching for suspects in the shooting of a city woman early Tuesday, according to a report by News12.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.