WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Two top stories headlined the week's news in Westchester County during the week including the crash landing of a helicopter and a shooting on I-95.
A 24-year-old man remains hospitalized and in critical condition after he was found on the shoulder of I-95 Tuesday, leading to the hours-long closure of all northbound lanes. Click here to read the story.
A White Plains-based helicopter carrying businessman and professional wrestler Shane McMahon made an emergency landing Wednesday in the Atlantic Ocean waters near Gilgo Beach and Jones Beach off Long Island. Click here to read the entire story.
Some others top stories of the week include (Click on the link to read the entire story):
- The Mamaroneck Motel, known among locals for its time warp 1960s vibe, was the scene for the Steven Spielberg period piece, "The Papers," that for weeks has been filming in White Plains.
- It's lobster season, which means it's time to indulge in plump lobster rolls, piled high on soft buns drizzled with creamy, tangy, buttery flavors.
- Westchester County Legislators decided on Monday to postpone the vote on the Immigrant Protection Act until August 7.
- IBM's revenues continue to be heading south.
- A Governor Rob Astorino could spell the end of the Mario Cuomo Bridge.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.