WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Construction work that is part of the Crane Road Bridge Replacement Project will keep a good portion of the Bronx River Parkway closed in both directions on Saturday.
Motorists are advised that portions of the northbound and southbound Bronx River Parkway will be closed for paving between the Sprain Brook Parkway and the Westchester County Center on Saturday, July 18 from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The following northbound closures are scheduled on the parkway:
- There will be no access from the six-lane portion of the northbound Bronx River Parkway to the four-lane portion of the northbound Bronx River Parkway at the Sprain Brook Parkway. All traffic will be diverted onto the Sprain Brook Parkway and then Central Park Avenue (NY 100) to White Plains.
The northbound Bronx River Parkway between the Sprain Brook Parkway and Harney Road will be accessible to local traffic at the following locations at all times:
- Entrances from Paxton Avenue
- Elm Street
- Scarsdale Road
- Thompson Street
- Leewood Drive will be open
- All northbound traffic will be diverted at Harney Road to Scarsdale Avenue and East Parkway, re-entering the northbound parkway at Crane Road.
- The northbound Bronx River Parkway will be open to traffic at Crane Road and all points north.
The following southbound closures are scheduled on the parkway:
- There will be no access to the southbound Bronx River Parkway in White Plains, south of Exit 22 at the County Center.
- All traffic will be detoured to Central Avenue, then south to the Sprain Brook Parkway.
- Entrances to the southbound parkway at Main Street and Fenimore Road will be closed.
- The southbound parkway will be open at Ardsley Road and all points south.
Motorists are advised to seek alternate routes. Numerous message signs will be used to alert motorists of the upcoming closures.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.