WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - The White Plains Bernies fifth and sixth grade youth football team recovered from an early deficit Saturday and went on to defeat Tarrytown 24-16 in the Westchester Youth Football League championship game.
The Bernies, who finished the season with an 9-0 record, trailed 16-0 in the first quarter before mounting a comeback in which they scored 24 straight points and the defense blanked Tarrytown in the final three quarters.
"The Bernies finished the year undefeated and played like a team throughout the whole year, putting in the necessary time practicing (starting back in mid-August) to get ready for their games," said Tony Caserta of the Bernies.
- 1 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 2 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 3 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 4 Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Westchester Depositors
- 5 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans