WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - The White Plains Bernies fifth and sixth grade youth football team recovered from an early deficit Saturday and went on to defeat Tarrytown 24-16 in the Westchester Youth Football League championship game.
The Bernies, who finished the season with an 9-0 record, trailed 16-0 in the first quarter before mounting a comeback in which they scored 24 straight points and the defense blanked Tarrytown in the final three quarters.
"The Bernies finished the year undefeated and played like a team throughout the whole year, putting in the necessary time practicing (starting back in mid-August) to get ready for their games," said Tony Caserta of the Bernies.
- 1 Good Counsel Witnesses Another Protest Against Sale Of White Plains School
- 2 White Plains Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact White Plains On Wednesday
- 4 New Boutique Residential Rental Projects In White Plains Top Week's News
- 5 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95