WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – New Rochelle’s Kevin Shattenkirk picked up an assist Saturday the United States men’s hockey team in a thrilling 3-2 shootout victory over Russia.
It was the second assist of the Olympics for Shattenkirk, a defenseman. He assisted on a goal by Joe Pavleski in the third period that gave Team USA a brief 2-1 lead. Russia scored the game-tying goal 3:17 later to force overtime.
Shattenkirk’s teammate on the St. Louis Blues, T.J. Oshie, starred for the U.S. in shootout, scoring four goals, including the game winner on the eighth penalty shot.
Oshie took six of the eight shootout chances for the U.S., and connected on four of them. The U.S. won the shootout, 4-3.
Team USA, now 2-0 at the Winter Games, plays Slovakia on Sunday at 7:30 a.m. EST in its next game.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward White Plains, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In White Plains; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For White Plains
- 5 White Plains HS Postpones SAT Exams Because Of Inclement Weather