WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – New Rochelle’s Kevin Shattenkirk picked up an assist Saturday the United States men’s hockey team in a thrilling 3-2 shootout victory over Russia.
It was the second assist of the Olympics for Shattenkirk, a defenseman. He assisted on a goal by Joe Pavleski in the third period that gave Team USA a brief 2-1 lead. Russia scored the game-tying goal 3:17 later to force overtime.
Shattenkirk’s teammate on the St. Louis Blues, T.J. Oshie, starred for the U.S. in shootout, scoring four goals, including the game winner on the eighth penalty shot.
Oshie took six of the eight shootout chances for the U.S., and connected on four of them. The U.S. won the shootout, 4-3.
Team USA, now 2-0 at the Winter Games, plays Slovakia on Sunday at 7:30 a.m. EST in its next game.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over White Plains Skies Sunday
- 2 Good Counsel Students Rally For School To Stay Open
- 3 Meryl Streep Films Movie At Rye's Numi Hair Salon
- 4 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In White Plains, NOAA Predicts
- 5 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions