WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – New Rochelle’s Kevin Shattenkirk picked up an assist Saturday the United States men’s hockey team in a thrilling 3-2 shootout victory over Russia.
It was the second assist of the Olympics for Shattenkirk, a defenseman. He assisted on a goal by Joe Pavleski in the third period that gave Team USA a brief 2-1 lead. Russia scored the game-tying goal 3:17 later to force overtime.
Shattenkirk’s teammate on the St. Louis Blues, T.J. Oshie, starred for the U.S. in shootout, scoring four goals, including the game winner on the eighth penalty shot.
Oshie took six of the eight shootout chances for the U.S., and connected on four of them. The U.S. won the shootout, 4-3.
Team USA, now 2-0 at the Winter Games, plays Slovakia on Sunday at 7:30 a.m. EST in its next game.
- 1 White Plains Schools Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday
- 2 White Plains HS Students Protest Non-Indictment In Ferguson
- 3 White Plains Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 White Plains Parking Officer Appears In Court On 'Sex For No Ticket' Charge
- 5 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287