WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- White Plains native and Harvey School graduate Steve Masiello was placed on administrative leave from his position as Manhattan College's men's basketball coach after it was discovered he never obtained the undergraduate degree from the University of Kentucky that he claimed to have, according to the New York Daily News.
The validity of his degree came under question during Masiello's vetting process to become the new men's basketball coach at the University of South Florida. since South Florida couldn't substantiate Masiello's degree, the $1million job offer to coach the Bulls was rescinded and his position with the Jaspers is now in jeopardy, the Daily News reported.
Manhattan College released a statement saying Masiello would be placed on administrative leave until the college completed a thorough review process.
- 1 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 2 Greenburgh Police Officer Linked To Racist Comment, Report Says
- 3 Likely Arrest Of Senate Leader Skelos Tied To Scarsdale Firm, Report Says
- 4 Bud Light Apologizes For Bottle Label Some Believe Promotes Rape
- 5 Fiancée Angelika Graswald Charged With Hudson River Murder Of Kayaker