WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Andrew Murray scored four goals and Tommy Keane added two goals as Archbidhop Stepinac captured its first state lacrosse title in school history Thursday with a 10-8 victory over St. Mary's.
The win capped an historic season for the Crusaders, as they won both the New York area Catholic High School Athletic Association's Class A league and downstate titles for the first time in team history with a record of 16-7.
The Crusaders opened a 6-3 halftime lead and led 10-5 after three quarters before St. Mary's scored three goals in the fourth to close the gap.
Dom Vallario, Chrystian Lopez, Danny Sullivan and Spencer O'Toole each scored a goal for the Crusaders and goaltender Bobby DiNapoli recorded eight saves in the championship game.
- 1 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To White Plains
- 3 White Plains Man Charged In Greenburgh Shooting
- 4 White Plains Shopping Center Has Been Spruced Up With Fashion, Bowling
- 5 Manhattan Building Collapses After Apparent Gas Explosion