WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Andrew Murray scored four goals and Tommy Keane added two goals as Archbidhop Stepinac captured its first state lacrosse title in school history Thursday with a 10-8 victory over St. Mary's.
The win capped an historic season for the Crusaders, as they won both the New York area Catholic High School Athletic Association's Class A league and downstate titles for the first time in team history with a record of 16-7.
The Crusaders opened a 6-3 halftime lead and led 10-5 after three quarters before St. Mary's scored three goals in the fourth to close the gap.
Dom Vallario, Chrystian Lopez, Danny Sullivan and Spencer O'Toole each scored a goal for the Crusaders and goaltender Bobby DiNapoli recorded eight saves in the championship game.
- 1 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 2 Likely Arrest Of Senate Leader Skelos Tied To Scarsdale Firm, Report Says
- 3 Greenburgh Police Officer Linked To Racist Comment, Report Says
- 4 White Plains Cherry Blossom Festival Blooms In Turnure Park
- 5 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say