WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Six Archbishop Stepinac High School senior -- joined by their families -- inked their commitments to continue their football careers at college during a National Signing Day ceremony Thursday in the school’s gymnasium.
The six, who began their freshman year at Stepinac in 2014, joined the championship Stepinac Crusaders varsity football team which went on to win the CHSFL AAA title two years in a row (2014 and 2015 including an undefeated 12-0 record) and captured its first-ever state CHSAA crown in 2015. The team posted a 9-3 record for the 2016 season.
The students include:
- Antonio Giannico of Mahopac -- Bryant University
- Louis Blackwell of Greenburgh -- Gannon University
- Izayah Powell of Yonkers -- Brown University
- Devonte Myles of Yonkers -- Sacred Heart University
- Tyger Winston of New Rochelle -- Gannon University
- John Walsh of Yonkers -- Ithaca College
The mission of the school is to offer young men of the Archdiocese of New York a competitive academic and extracurricular program that will prepare them for college and leadership roles.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.