PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Pace University's softball team opened its season with a doubleheader split against Wilmington University in Delaware on Sunday, March 2.
Junior Caitlin McCann tossed a complete gameas Pace took the opener 4-2. The Wildcats won in the second game 5-4.
In the opener, freshman Nikole Larm blasted a solo homerun in her first collegiate at-bat to put the Setters up 1-0 in the second. Wilmington tied the game at one in the third.
In Game 1, McCann allowed two runs (one earned) on five hits, and made three strike out to give the Setters their eighth straight season-opening victory.
In the nightcap, freshman Kaitlynn Nelson tossed a complete game and allowed five runs on four hits and struck out three.
The next game for the Setters will be in the West Coast when the team takes on Cal State Chico on Saturday, March 15 at 3 p.m.
Visit pace.edu to learn more.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 White Plains Parking Officer Offered To Drop Ticket For Sex, Say Police
- 3 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 Snow Likely In White Plains On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Rivals Stepinac, Iona Prep Meet For CHSFL Football Title