PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Pace University women's softball and men's baseball teams competed in doubleheaders and ended with splits on Sunday, April 6.
In the opener for the Lady Setters, freshman Shelby Yung led off the game with a solo home run against the Assumption Greyhounds, and senior Lana Buchbinder hit a solo homer to lead off the third inning. The Setters added a run later in the inning as Yung reached on an infield single and came around to score on a Greyhound error. In the fifth, Yung led off with a single and scored two batters on a home run by junior Natalie Gellos.
The softball team took the opener 5-1, and Assumption won the nightcap 4-3.
The men's baseball team scored all the runs it needed in game one against Stonehill in the first inning. With one out, sophomore Andrew Coffey singled. Senior Chris Gili laced a double, sending Coffey to third. Senior James Pjura doubled, and Coffey scored to make it 1-0 Pace. Junior Tom Midolo then grounded out to first, scoring Gili for a 2-0 advantage.
Stonehill tightened the contest in the seventh when the Skyhawks plated the final run, making the final score 2-1 Pace.
In game two, senior David Pepe tripled to lead off the second inning. Two batters later, Coffey singled him home and tied the game 1-1. The score remained knotted until the sixth, when Stonehill scored two and added a final run, making the score 4-1 Stonehill.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 State Police Warn White Plains Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 4 Stepinac Grad Recovering As 'Ice Missile' From 18-Wheeler Breaks Windshield
- 5 White Plains Safety Commissioner Shocked By Ex-Officer's Role In Murders