PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- The Pace University men's lacrosse team came up short to the nation's No. 2-ranked Division II team, Adelphi University, in a 13-10 Northeast-10 Conference loss on Tuesday.
Adelphi got on board early and scored four first-quarter goals. The Setters rallied as they scored six of the next seven goals to pull ahead 6-5. Sophomore Matthew Cossidente scored twice, including a man-up score, and senior William Scioscia also scored twice in the run. Senior Matt Gebhardt capped the run with a goal at the 8:12 mark to put the Setters in the lead. The Panthers closed the half with three unanswered goals to retake an 8-6 lead at halftime.
Pace got second-half goals from seniors Thomas Gilmore and Ryan Valdez, Cossidente and Gebhardt.
For the Setters, Gebhardt netted two goals and two assists, and Scioscia added two goals and one assist. Cossidente scored three goals for the Setters. Senior Timothy Izzo played 60 minutes in net and recorded 20 saves.
The Setters will play at Bentley University on Saturday, March 29 to face the Falcons at 3 p.m. in an NE-10 match-up.
Visit pace.edu to learn more.
- 1 Ex-White Plains Police Officer Left Suicide Note At Murder Scene
- 2 9-Year-Old Plans To Rock White Plains With His Debut Album
- 3 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 4 State Police Warn White Plains Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 Stepinac Grad Recovering As 'Ice Missile' From 18-Wheeler Breaks Windshield