OSSINING, N.Y. – Ossining resident Tarik Stovall, a senior football player at Archbishop Stepinac High School, was offered an athletic scholarship to attend Poughkeepsie's Marist College in the fall.
Stovall was the Crusaders’ starting tight end but an injury in the regular-season finale against Monsignor Farrell dampened his last season. The 6-foot-4, 225-pounder caught 24 passes for 298 yards and a touchdown in 10 games.
"It was a huge honor," Stovall said of the offer. "I felt like the dream I've had since I was little is coming true. I loved Marist as soon as I stepped on campus. It was my first choice. Being injured in the last regular season game I had doubts, but in the end everything worked out."
Stovall was also recruited by University of New Haven, Stonehill College and Wagner College.
"I'm looking forward to getting back in the gym and rehabbing, so I can get back on two feet quickly," Stovall said.
- 1 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack
- 2 White Plains Woman Charged With DWI Over Memorial Day Weekend
- 3 White Plains Fires Longtime Public Works Commissioner
- 4 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 5 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents