WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The Clark Academy boys basketball team defeated Biondi School 49-34 Friday to win the Section 1 Class D championship at the County Center.
No. 2-seeded Clark trailed 34-32 with less than four minutes to play before running off a 23-2 fourth-quarter spurt to overtake the Yonkers-based Biondi boys.
Clark Academy won its fourth Section 1 title since 2007 and will play Section 11's Shelter Island on Tuesday, March 4 at 3 p.m. at the County Center in the Class D state regional semifinal.
Coach Anthony Gaines and his Clark team will return to the County Center Sunday to receive the Westchester County chapter of the International Association of Approved Basketball Officials (IAABO) 11th Annual Dennis T. Hurlie Sportsmanship Award.
Clark Academy's Andre Carthorn was named the tournament's Most Valuable Player.
- 1 Westchester Businesses Scramble To Keep Cadbury Chocolate In Stock
- 2 White Plains Native Zuckerberg Ranks 16th On Billionaires List
- 3 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 4 Sex Offenders Live Near White Plains Pre-K's, Report Says
- 5 White Plains Actress, School Aide Questioned About Baring Breasts