WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The Clark Academy boys basketball team defeated Biondi School 49-34 Friday to win the Section 1 Class D championship at the County Center.
No. 2-seeded Clark trailed 34-32 with less than four minutes to play before running off a 23-2 fourth-quarter spurt to overtake the Yonkers-based Biondi boys.
Clark Academy won its fourth Section 1 title since 2007 and will play Section 11's Shelter Island on Tuesday, March 4 at 3 p.m. at the County Center in the Class D state regional semifinal.
Coach Anthony Gaines and his Clark team will return to the County Center Sunday to receive the Westchester County chapter of the International Association of Approved Basketball Officials (IAABO) 11th Annual Dennis T. Hurlie Sportsmanship Award.
Clark Academy's Andre Carthorn was named the tournament's Most Valuable Player.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 White Plains Man Stopped With 480 Packets Of Heroin
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash