WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The Clark Academy boys basketball team defeated Biondi School 49-34 Friday to win the Section 1 Class D championship at the County Center.
No. 2-seeded Clark trailed 34-32 with less than four minutes to play before running off a 23-2 fourth-quarter spurt to overtake the Yonkers-based Biondi boys.
Clark Academy won its fourth Section 1 title since 2007 and will play Section 11's Shelter Island on Tuesday, March 4 at 3 p.m. at the County Center in the Class D state regional semifinal.
Coach Anthony Gaines and his Clark team will return to the County Center Sunday to receive the Westchester County chapter of the International Association of Approved Basketball Officials (IAABO) 11th Annual Dennis T. Hurlie Sportsmanship Award.
Clark Academy's Andre Carthorn was named the tournament's Most Valuable Player.
- 1 White Plains Ranks As Best Town To Live In New York
- 2 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 3 Letter: 'Cardinal Dolan Makes No Sense Whatsoever' On Merging Churches
- 4 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 5 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit