WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The Clark Academy boys basketball team defeated Biondi School 49-34 Friday to win the Section 1 Class D championship at the County Center.
No. 2-seeded Clark trailed 34-32 with less than four minutes to play before running off a 23-2 fourth-quarter spurt to overtake the Yonkers-based Biondi boys.
Clark Academy won its fourth Section 1 title since 2007 and will play Section 11's Shelter Island on Tuesday, March 4 at 3 p.m. at the County Center in the Class D state regional semifinal.
Coach Anthony Gaines and his Clark team will return to the County Center Sunday to receive the Westchester County chapter of the International Association of Approved Basketball Officials (IAABO) 11th Annual Dennis T. Hurlie Sportsmanship Award.
Clark Academy's Andre Carthorn was named the tournament's Most Valuable Player.
- 1 Renovated Starbucks Reopen In White Plains, Rye, Rye Brook
- 2 White Plains Native Zuckerberg Makes Forbes 400 Billionaire List
- 3 White Plains Scholar Named National Achievement Semifinalist
- 4 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus
- 5 22 Enterovirus Cases Confirmed In Westchester