WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- White Plains High School students recently received President's Volunteer Service Awards.
Seniors Dawn Giuliano, Thomas Meininger and Charlie Torres were honored with President’s Volunteer Service Awards for their exemplary volunteer service, representatives said.
"The awards, which recognize Americans of all ages who have volunteered significant amounts of their time to serve their communities and their country, were granted by The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards program on behalf of President Barack Obama," representatives said in a release.
Junior Nicholas Chiappari received a Certificate of Excellence and junior Elizabeth Aguilar received the honor of Program Participant. The awards were sponsored by Prudential Financial in partnership with the National Association of Secondary School Principals.
- 1 Westchester Businesses Scramble To Keep Cadbury Chocolate In Stock
- 2 White Plains Native Zuckerberg Ranks 16th On Billionaires List
- 3 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 4 White Plains Cop Hid Computer Hard Drive After Killings, Report Says
- 5 White Plains Actress, School Aide Questioned About Baring Breasts