WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- White Plains High School students recently received President's Volunteer Service Awards.
Seniors Dawn Giuliano, Thomas Meininger and Charlie Torres were honored with President’s Volunteer Service Awards for their exemplary volunteer service, representatives said.
"The awards, which recognize Americans of all ages who have volunteered significant amounts of their time to serve their communities and their country, were granted by The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards program on behalf of President Barack Obama," representatives said in a release.
Junior Nicholas Chiappari received a Certificate of Excellence and junior Elizabeth Aguilar received the honor of Program Participant. The awards were sponsored by Prudential Financial in partnership with the National Association of Secondary School Principals.
- 1 U.S. $1.1M Water Treatment Westchester Fine Cites White Plains
- 2 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 3 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 4 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans
- 5 Police Asking Public's Help In Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs