WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- White Plains High School students recently received President's Volunteer Service Awards.
Seniors Dawn Giuliano, Thomas Meininger and Charlie Torres were honored with President’s Volunteer Service Awards for their exemplary volunteer service, representatives said.
"The awards, which recognize Americans of all ages who have volunteered significant amounts of their time to serve their communities and their country, were granted by The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards program on behalf of President Barack Obama," representatives said in a release.
Junior Nicholas Chiappari received a Certificate of Excellence and junior Elizabeth Aguilar received the honor of Program Participant. The awards were sponsored by Prudential Financial in partnership with the National Association of Secondary School Principals.
- 1 Cuomo Lessens Ebola Quarantine Protocols Due To Outside Pressure
- 2 White Plains' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 Mount Vernon Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Is ID'd