WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- White Plains High School students recently received President's Volunteer Service Awards.
Seniors Dawn Giuliano, Thomas Meininger and Charlie Torres were honored with President’s Volunteer Service Awards for their exemplary volunteer service, representatives said.
"The awards, which recognize Americans of all ages who have volunteered significant amounts of their time to serve their communities and their country, were granted by The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards program on behalf of President Barack Obama," representatives said in a release.
Junior Nicholas Chiappari received a Certificate of Excellence and junior Elizabeth Aguilar received the honor of Program Participant. The awards were sponsored by Prudential Financial in partnership with the National Association of Secondary School Principals.
- 1 Robber Walks Off With $90,000 From White Plains Gas Station, Police Say
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 White Plains Man Pleads Guilty To Manslaughter In Vodka Bottle Case
- 4 Suspect Apprehended In $90K White Plains Auto Shop Robbery
- 5 Rye Police Identify High School Student Charged In Latest Bomb Threat