WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The Foundation for Public Education in White Plains will present Alumni & Friends Night Out on Thursday, May 29.
The event, which promises to feature music, mingling, merrymaking, reminiscing and networking, begins at 7 p.m. at the Beechmont Tavern at 213 E. Post Road. White Plains alumni will provide entertainment, and the event includes free beer, endless buffet and unlimited soft drinks with a cash bar, according to a press release.
All proceeds from the evening will support academic and cultural enrichment programs for students in all White Plains schools. The Foundation for Public Education in White Plains, founded in 1997, is "dedicated to supporting the White Plains public schools by funding cultural and academic enrichment programs and projects not included in the district's budget," according to the release.
"Through special events, dinners, auctions, sale of commemorative bricks and fundraising appeals, The foundation has raised and donated more than $250,000 to the White Plains public schools," representatives said.
Attendees can buy a commemorative brick to honor someone that will be permanently on view outside White Plains High School.
Those interested in learning more or volunteering are asked to call 946-3862.
- 1 Christina Ruth Buckley Silverman, 46, White Plains Resident
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring