WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Archbishop Stepinac High School has announced that college guidance counselor Cynthia Kikelly will be honored as a 2014 Blazing Torch Award recipient.
The Westchester County alumnae chapter of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc., sponsors The Blazing Torch Awards to honor outstanding educators in the local community. The awards will be presented at the sorority's "Salute to Educators" luncheon on Saturday, April 12, at Vintage Restaurant, White Plains.
Kilkelly was nominated in recognition of her positive work with the students at Stepinac. As a college guidance counselor, Kilkelly works with students in junior and senior year in all aspects of the college admissions process: researching schools, completing the application process, applying for scholarship opportunities, to acceptance and registration.
In addition, Kilkelly moderates the Health Care Forum, an extracurricular program she started at the school that exposes students to various careers in the health-care field.
Visit stepinac.org to learn more.
- 1 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 2 White Plains Man Pleads Guilty To Manslaughter In Vodka Bottle Case
- 3 Suspect Apprehended In $90K White Plains Auto Shop Robbery
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To White Plains
- 5 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show