WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Archbishop Stepinac High School has announced that college guidance counselor Cynthia Kikelly will be honored as a 2014 Blazing Torch Award recipient.
The Westchester County alumnae chapter of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc., sponsors The Blazing Torch Awards to honor outstanding educators in the local community. The awards will be presented at the sorority's "Salute to Educators" luncheon on Saturday, April 12, at Vintage Restaurant, White Plains.
Kilkelly was nominated in recognition of her positive work with the students at Stepinac. As a college guidance counselor, Kilkelly works with students in junior and senior year in all aspects of the college admissions process: researching schools, completing the application process, applying for scholarship opportunities, to acceptance and registration.
In addition, Kilkelly moderates the Health Care Forum, an extracurricular program she started at the school that exposes students to various careers in the health-care field.
Visit stepinac.org to learn more.
- 1 Good Counsel Witnesses Another Protest Against Sale Of White Plains School
- 2 White Plains Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft