WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Students from the Academy of Our Lady of Good Counsel along with members of the Catholic Youth Organization at Immaculate Conception Church recently raised $5,000 for the Little Sisters of the Poor, an order of nuns who take care of the homeless and elderly by providing them with food and shelter.
The event included service auctions and raffles, with meals and desserts provided.
The theme of the event was Broadway Shows, featuring decorations and designs from “Mary Poppins,” “Little Shop of Horrors” and “Sister Act.”
The school is a college prep high school for young women, and was founded by the Sisters of the Divine Compassion in White Plains more than 100 years ago.
- 1 Renovated Starbucks Reopen In White Plains, Rye, Rye Brook
- 2 White Plains Native Zuckerberg Makes Forbes 400 Billionaire List
- 3 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus
- 4 Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Targets Homeschooling
- 5 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer