WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Students from the Academy of Our Lady of Good Counsel along with members of the Catholic Youth Organization at Immaculate Conception Church recently raised $5,000 for the Little Sisters of the Poor, an order of nuns who take care of the homeless and elderly by providing them with food and shelter.
The event included service auctions and raffles, with meals and desserts provided.
The theme of the event was Broadway Shows, featuring decorations and designs from “Mary Poppins,” “Little Shop of Horrors” and “Sister Act.”
The school is a college prep high school for young women, and was founded by the Sisters of the Divine Compassion in White Plains more than 100 years ago.
- 1 National Magazine Selects White Plains As 48th Best Place In U.S.
- 2 Westchester's John Slattery, TV News Reporter, Dies
- 3 Player Being Sued For Soccer Game Punch In White Plains Game
- 4 Car Plunges Into Water Off Bronx River Parkway
- 5 It's A Girl: Westchester's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth