WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Good Counsel Academy High School issued a statement on Friday, May 30, that it will remain open and at full capacity despite an announcement that the Sisters of the Divine Compassion are exploring the sale of a portion or all of the property at 52 N. Broadway.
Good Counsel enrolls more than 400 students, will graduate 73 seniors this week and will welcome 90 freshmen in the fall.
“Good Counsel Academy is a vibrant girls high school alive in mission with 400-plus students," Good Counsel Principal Sister Lauren Donovan said in a statement. "We will continue to operate a full academic and extracurricular program.”
The Sisters of Divine Compassion have been located on their current 16-acre White Plains campus since 1890.
"Good Counsel Academy retained the services of CBRE Realtors to assist in identifying potential future locations for Good Counsel Academy High School should the need arise beyond the 2014-2015 academic year," board President Sister Imma De Stefanis added in the statement. "Our commitment to educating confident women and compassionate leaders for the 21st-century stands firm."
- 1 Snow Likely In White Plains On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 2 White Plains Schools Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday
- 3 White Plains HS Students Protest Non-Indictment In Ferguson
- 4 White Plains Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 White Plains Parking Officer Appears In Court On 'Sex For No Ticket' Charge