WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The Center for Literacy Enrichment at Pace University is inviting parents to sign up their children for the Summer Reading and Writing Program.
The program is aimed at helping students retain information they gained during the school year, representatives said. The program runs from June 30 to July 25 at The Center for Literacy Enrichment at Pace University at 78 N. Broadway in White Plains.
"From pre-schoolers to middle schoolers the program provides children with an opportunity to not only maintain their reading, writing and comprehension skills but also to make gains academically in fun and informative ways," representatives said. "Age-appropriate instruction includes developing phonemic awareness, improving decoding skills and strengthening reading comprehension."
The program features certified teachers who provide small-group instruction complemented by theme-based indoor and outdoor activities, including digital story telling, literacy-themed crafts and games in a non-competitive setting.
Early Bird Registration, prior to May 1, qualifies for a fee discount. To register, contact Center Director Sister St. John Delany at 914-422-4135 or email@example.com.
Visit to learn more.
- 1 Robber Walks Off With $90,000 From White Plains Gas Station, Police Say
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 WABC-TV Reporter Lisa Colagrossi Of Stamford Dies At 49
- 4 White Plains Man Pleads Guilty To Manslaughter In Vodka Bottle Case
- 5 Rye Police Identify High School Student Charged In Latest Bomb Threat