WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The New York State Public High School Athletic Association has named 142 White Plains High School student-athletes as Scholar-Athletes.
This status is awarded on the basis of a team average of 90 or better from a specified number of athletes. Seven fall varsity athletic teams were designated in the honors.
Principal Ellen Doherty and Athletic Director Jennifer DeSena introduced the coaches, who presented certificates and pins to all the students in a ceremony at the Board of Education meeting on Jan. 13.
Teams represented were the following:
- Boys cross country, coached by Fred Singleton
- Girls cross country, coached by Carlos Agudelo
- Field hockey, coached by Joan Behrends
- Girls soccer, Laura Owen and Mike Rivera, Coaches
- Girls swimming and diving, Patricia Gilmartin, Coach
- Girls tennis, coached by Sue Adams
- Girls volleyball, Caitlyn MacDonald, Coach
- 1 Good Counsel Witnesses Another Protest Against Sale Of White Plains School
- 2 White Plains Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact White Plains On Wednesday
- 4 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola