WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The New York State Public High School Athletic Association has named 142 White Plains High School student-athletes as Scholar-Athletes.
This status is awarded on the basis of a team average of 90 or better from a specified number of athletes. Seven fall varsity athletic teams were designated in the honors.
Principal Ellen Doherty and Athletic Director Jennifer DeSena introduced the coaches, who presented certificates and pins to all the students in a ceremony at the Board of Education meeting on Jan. 13.
Teams represented were the following:
- Boys cross country, coached by Fred Singleton
- Girls cross country, coached by Carlos Agudelo
- Field hockey, coached by Joan Behrends
- Girls soccer, Laura Owen and Mike Rivera, Coaches
- Girls swimming and diving, Patricia Gilmartin, Coach
- Girls tennis, coached by Sue Adams
- Girls volleyball, Caitlyn MacDonald, Coach
- 1 Westchester Businesses Scramble To Keep Cadbury Chocolate In Stock
- 2 White Plains Native Zuckerberg Ranks 16th On Billionaires List
- 3 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 4 White Plains Actress, School Aide Questioned About Baring Breasts
- 5 Sex Offenders Live Near White Plains Pre-K's, Report Says