SCARSDALE, N.Y. – The Hoff-Barthelson Music School in Scarsdale is welcoming internationally acclaimed bassoonist Kim Laskowski to be a guest soloist at the Festival Orchestra Winter Concert in White Plains.
At 7 p.m. Dec. 9 at the Community Unitarian Church, Music Director Jun Nakabayashi will conduct the Festival Orchestra and Laskowski playing classics from Carl Maria von Weber, Joseph Haydn, Maurice Ravel and others.
The orchestra is a full symphony orchestra reserved for high school students with the highest levels of technical ability and musical acumen. The New York State Council on the Arts ranks it among the finest music school orchestras in the nation.
The orchestra plays five concerts each year, with guest solos from top musical performers around the world.
Laskowski joined the New York Philharmonic nearly a decade ago after performing with the New York City Ballet and Mostly Mozart Festival Orchestra. She has a master’s degree from the Juilliard School, and toured Europe with the Ochestre des Prix. She also has two platinum records for CDs recorded with the rock group 10,000 Maniacs.
Tickets to the winter concert can be purchased in advance or at the door. The public will pay $13, seniors will pay $11 and it is free for Hoff-Barthelson students.
- 1 Good Counsel Witnesses Another Protest Against Sale Of White Plains School
- 2 White Plains Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact White Plains On Wednesday
- 4 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby
- 5 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Parts Of Westchester County