YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- The Archdiocese of New York is kicking off universal open houses at schools throughout the Westchester region on Tuesday, Feb. 11.
The Archdiocese of New York's Touring Tuesdays start Feb. 11 as a way "to show families the benefits of a faith-based education," representatives said. The tours are set to "offer a new way to invite prospective families to experience Catholic elementary schools in action and to meet with principals, faculty and students to learn more about programs from Pre-K 3 through Grade 8 and the enrollment process," representatives said.
The school year marks the first time all nine regions in the Archdiocese of New York will be engaged in the program, representatives said.
"Choosing the right school is one of the most important choices a parent can make for their child’s future," stated Dr. Timothy McNiff, Superintendent of Schools for the Archdiocese of New York. " 'Touring Tuesdays’ are a wonderful opportunity for parents to learn about the benefits of a faith-based education."
Cardinal Timothy Dolan is an avid supporter of the initiative, will participate in an open house with a tour of Our Lady of Lourdes School in Manhattan on Feb. 11.
Reservations are required to participate in the open houses and can be made online or by calling a 24-hour bilingual hotline, 646-794-2885. Additional “Touring Tuesdays" are scheduled for Mar.11 and May 13.
Westchester schools participating include:
- St. Augustine School in Ossining
- St. Columbanus School in Cortlandt Manor
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton School in Shrub Oak
- St. Patrick School in Bedford
- St. Patrick School in Yorktown Heights
- Corpus Christi/Holy Rosary School in Port Chester
- Holy Name of Jesus School in New Rochelle
- Immaculate Conception School in Tuckahoe
- Iona Grammar in New Rochelle
- John Cardinal O’Connor School in Irvington
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel School in Elmsford
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help School in Pelham Manor
- Our Lady of Sorrows School in White Plains
- Our Lady of Victory School in Mount Vernon
- Resurrection Grammar School in Rye
- Sacred Heart School in Yonkers
- Sacred Heart School in Hartsdale
- St. Ann School in Yonkers
- St. Anthony School in Yonkers
- St. Barnabas School in Bronx*
- St. Eugene School in Yonkers
- St. John the Baptist School in Yonkers
- St. Joseph School in Bronxville
- St. Paul the Apostle School in Yonkers
- St. Peter School in Yonkers
- Sts. John and Paul School in Larchmont
- Transfiguration School in Tarrytown
*part of the Central Westchester Region in the Archdiocese of New York
- 1 Opt-Out Debate Rages As State Testing Begins In Westchester
- 2 Westchester County Exec Astorino Shares Why His Kids Will Opt Out
- 3 Two Westchester Post Offices Offer Extended Hours For Tax Day
- 4 White Plains Doctor Predicts Tough Days Ahead For Spring Allergies
- 5 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates