WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors recently held it’s first-ever “Mr. Legs” Pageant at the Tarrytown Music Hall and raised $17,340 for RPAC, the Realtors Political Action Committee.
RPAC works with legislators on a local, state and national level to protect the rights of homeowners and the real estate industry.
Produced and hosted by HGAR President Drew Kessler of Wright Bros Real Estate in Nyack, the event drew a huge crowd of Realtors and HGAR Affiliate Members, and culminated in the crowning of Sander Koudijs, of The Great American Title Agency in White Plains, as HGAR’s “Mr. Legs 2015.”
“This was the first time we ever had an event like this, and it was a huge success thanks to all those who participated in the pageant and to all of our generous contributors,” Kessler said. “It took a lot of work, and a lot of guys with a great sense of humor. The bottom line is the money raised will continue to support home ownership and essential matters such as preserving the mortgage interest deductions and STAR tax reductions.”
The Pageant’s second runner-up was Tom Bimonte of Bronxville Real Estate in Bronxville, while the first runner-up was Brian Levine of Houlihan Lawrence in Irvington
Other contestants included:
- Mark Aakjar of Mark’s Inspections in Ossining
- Mark Boyland of Keller Williams in Bedford
- Jim Coombs of Hudson United Mortgage in White Plains
- Phil Faranda of J. Philip Real Estate in Briarcliff Manor
- Joe Houlihan of Houlihan & O’Malley in Bronxville
- Clayton Jeffrey of Coldwell Banker in White Plains
- Tim Johns of the Johns Family Agency in Dobbs Ferry
- Barry Kramer of Westchester Choice Realty in Scarsdale
- Clayton Livingston of Berkshire Hathaway in Pawling
- Harding Mason of Houlihan Lawrence in Katonah
- Jim McMahon of Houlihan Lawrence in Bronxville
- Dave Moore of Embrace Home Loans in White Plains
- Bob Shandley of BHG Rand in White Plains
- Freddy Vargas of Café Realty in Katonah
- Russ Woolley of Wright Bros. Real Estate in Nyack
“It was such a fun and exciting night, and we’re hoping to do another “Mr. Legs” Pageant again next year, and raise even more funds,” added Kessler.
The pageant judges included J.P. Endres, former president of the New York State Association of Realtors and Katheryn DeClerck, former HGAR President.
The Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors is a not-for-profit trade association covering over 9,500 real estate professionals doing business in Westchester, Putnam, Rockland, and Orange counties.
It owns and operates the Hudson Gateway Multiple Listing Service (HGMLS), offering more than 4,000 properties in the Bronx, Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Rockland, Orange, Sullivan and Ulster counties. It is among the top 50 largest MLSs in the country.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.