WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Mayor Thomas Roach was selected for a 28-member task force to consider options for the new Tappan Zee Bridge, the New York State Thruway Authority announced.
The Mass Transit Task Force will develop funding strategies and solutions for the bridge and the Interstate-287 corridor. It has one year to complete its work and make recommendations to the Thruway Authority.
“At the same time that we are building this new bridge, the Mass Transit Task Force will be working on finding the best transit options for local communities,” said Howard Milstein, chairman of the Thruway Authority. “Their recommendations will help us make informed decisions about what options on the bridge and in our communities make the most sense, and how we can most effectively support our regional economy and address long-term transportation needs.”
County Executive Robert Astorino was also selected to participate on the task force.
“We’re not waiting five years to discuss mass-transit plans; we’re moving forward now,” Astorino said.
The members of the Mass Transit Task Force are:
- Rob Astorino, Westchester County Executive
- Scott Baird, Nyack Chamber of Commerce
- David Carlucci, Member, New York State Senate
- Peter Casper, New York State Thruway Authority
- Harriet Cornell, Chairwoman, Rockland County Legislature
- Jan Degenshein, architect and planner, former Chairman, Rockland Business Association
- Jonathan Drapkin, Hudson Valley Pattern for Progress
- Tish Dubow, Mayor, Village of South Nyack
- Kristine Edwards, New York State Department of Transportation
- Drew Fixell, Mayor, Village of Tarrytown
- Marsha Gordon, Business Council of Westchester County
- Ellen Jaffee, Member, New York State Assembly
- Thomas Madison, Executive Director, New York State Thruway Authority
- Joan McDonald, Commissioner, New York State Department of Transportation
- John Nonna, Board Member, Westchester League of Conservation Voters
- Larry Salley, former Westchester County Transportation Commissioner
- Veronica Vanterpool, TriState Transportation Campaign
- Amy Paulin, Member, New York State Assembly
- Karen Rae, Deputy Secretary to the Governor for Transportation
- Tom Roach, Mayor, City of White Plains
- Mark Roche, ARUP Engineering
- Christopher St. Lawrence, Supervisor Town of Ramapo
- Brandon Sall, Board Member, New York State Thruway Authority
- Mary Jane Shimsky, Member, Westchester Board of Legislators
- Andrea Stewart-Cousins, Member, New York State Senate
- C. Scott Vanderhoef, Rockland County Executive
- Jen White, Mayor, Village of Nyack
- Robert Yaro, President, Regional Plan Association.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.