WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Former New York Gov. Mario Cuomo is defending his son and current Gov. Andrew Cuomo amid allegations he tampered with the commission to root out government corruption, according to the New York Daily News.
The elder Cuomo called his son an honest politician and said he wished he were as "good a man as my son is," the Daily News reported.
Andrew Cuomo is in hot water after The New York Times reported Cuomo and his administration tampered with the Moreland Commission on ethics every time a name or entity with ties to the governor would arise.
Since Cuomo prematurely disbanded the commission, U.S. Attorney Attorney Preet Bharara has taken over the investigations and is looking into Cuomo, the Daily News said.
- 1 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To White Plains
- 3 White Plains Man Charged In Greenburgh Shooting
- 4 White Plains Shopping Center Has Been Spruced Up With Fashion, Bowling
- 5 Manhattan Building Collapses After Apparent Gas Explosion