YONKERS, N.Y. -- John Cahill, a Yonkers resident and top aide to former Gov. George Pataki, announced his candidacy for state attorney general on Sunday, May 11, according to LoHud.com.
Cahill, 55, will try to defeat Democratic incumbent Eric Schneiderman. Cahill was scheduled to launch his campaign on Monday, May 12, with stops in three upstate cities, LoHud.com reported.
Cahill said he plans to base his campaign on support for the DREAM Act, as well as immigration and education reform, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Opt-Out Debate Rages As State Testing Begins In Westchester
- 2 Westchester County Exec Astorino Shares Why His Kids Will Opt Out
- 3 Two Westchester Post Offices Offer Extended Hours For Tax Day
- 4 White Plains Doctor Predicts Tough Days Ahead For Spring Allergies
- 5 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates