GREENBURGH, N.Y. — The Daily Voice has contacted your local candidates running for office so you can make an educated voting decision come Nov. 6. Here is some information about Republican candidate Judge Matthew J. Troy III, who will be running for the position of Westchester County Court Judge.
Troy has served as a support magistrate at the New York County Family cCurt for 13 years. He is also the acting judge at the Village of Port Chester. The position of county court judge is currently vacant, and Troy will be battling Democratic candidate Judge David Zuckerman for the spot.
In his community, Troy was a former Cubmaster of Scout Pack 19 and a member of the Knights of Columbus.
Troy, 55, lives in Rye with his wife of 29 years, Jennifer, and has three children. He is the son of the late Matthew J. Troy Jr., a former Queens city councilman and Democratic party leader. Troy III has lived in Westchester County for 29 years.
- 1 U.S. $1.1M Water Treatment Westchester Fine Cites White Plains
- 2 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 3 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 4 Unexpected Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Country Club To Fear Attack
- 5 Police Asking Public's Help In Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs