WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A Yonkers woman tried on a pair of shoes at Sears, then tried to walk out without paying for them, police said.
Harolyn Genao, 18, was arrested and charged with petit larceny, a misdemeanor.
A Sears loss prevention agent told police she saw Geano enter the shoe department and randomly take a pair of Canyon River Blues moccasins, worth $29.99, and put them on her feet. She then left the store through the second level of the Galleria Mall, the report said.
Genao was held for court.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 State Police Warn White Plains Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 White Plains Safety Commissioner Shocked By Ex-Officer's Role In Murders
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash On Sprain Brook
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York