WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A Yonkers woman tried on a pair of shoes at Sears, then tried to walk out without paying for them, police said.
Harolyn Genao, 18, was arrested and charged with petit larceny, a misdemeanor.
A Sears loss prevention agent told police she saw Geano enter the shoe department and randomly take a pair of Canyon River Blues moccasins, worth $29.99, and put them on her feet. She then left the store through the second level of the Galleria Mall, the report said.
Genao was held for court.
- 1 White Plains' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester