WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A Yonkers woman tried on a pair of shoes at Sears, then tried to walk out without paying for them, police said.
Harolyn Genao, 18, was arrested and charged with petit larceny, a misdemeanor.
A Sears loss prevention agent told police she saw Geano enter the shoe department and randomly take a pair of Canyon River Blues moccasins, worth $29.99, and put them on her feet. She then left the store through the second level of the Galleria Mall, the report said.
Genao was held for court.
- 1 White Plains Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Saw Mill Parkway Wrong-Way Driver Charged With DWI ID'd
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For White Plains
- 4 Netscape Co-Founder ID'd As Buyer Of Ron Howard Estate On Armonk Border
- 5 White Plains Could See Light Snow Through Thursday Morning