WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A Valhalla woman has been accused of stealing women’s clothing worth $132.58 from Old Navy in White Plains, police said.
Store security told police Brenda Hughes, 49, entered the Galleria Mall store Jan. 28 and took two pair of women’s shoes, four women’s T-shirts and one dress, then try to hide them in a bag and leave the store without payment. Old Navy security stopped her outside the store and recovered the merchandise, police said.
Hughes was held for police, who arrested and charged her with petit larceny, a misdemeanor. Police later discovered she had an active warrant in Hackensack, N.J., for violation of probation.
She was held for court.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 White Plains Man Stopped With 480 Packets Of Heroin
- 4 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed