WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A Valhalla woman has been accused of stealing women’s clothing worth $132.58 from Old Navy in White Plains, police said.
Store security told police Brenda Hughes, 49, entered the Galleria Mall store Jan. 28 and took two pair of women’s shoes, four women’s T-shirts and one dress, then try to hide them in a bag and leave the store without payment. Old Navy security stopped her outside the store and recovered the merchandise, police said.
Hughes was held for police, who arrested and charged her with petit larceny, a misdemeanor. Police later discovered she had an active warrant in Hackensack, N.J., for violation of probation.
She was held for court.
- 1 White Plains' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire