WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A Valhalla woman has been accused of stealing women’s clothing worth $132.58 from Old Navy in White Plains, police said.
Store security told police Brenda Hughes, 49, entered the Galleria Mall store Jan. 28 and took two pair of women’s shoes, four women’s T-shirts and one dress, then try to hide them in a bag and leave the store without payment. Old Navy security stopped her outside the store and recovered the merchandise, police said.
Hughes was held for police, who arrested and charged her with petit larceny, a misdemeanor. Police later discovered she had an active warrant in Hackensack, N.J., for violation of probation.
She was held for court.
- 1 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 2 309 White Plains Dads Attend Take Your Kid To School Day
- 3 FASNY Plan Could 'Disrupt' White Plains Schools' Operations, Officials Say
- 4 National Weather Service: White Plains' Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 5 State Advises Parents To Be Aware Of Signs Of Serious Respiratory Virus