WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A Valhalla woman has been accused of stealing women’s clothing worth $132.58 from Old Navy in White Plains, police said.
Store security told police Brenda Hughes, 49, entered the Galleria Mall store Jan. 28 and took two pair of women’s shoes, four women’s T-shirts and one dress, then try to hide them in a bag and leave the store without payment. Old Navy security stopped her outside the store and recovered the merchandise, police said.
Hughes was held for police, who arrested and charged her with petit larceny, a misdemeanor. Police later discovered she had an active warrant in Hackensack, N.J., for violation of probation.
She was held for court.
- 1 White Plains Fires Longtime Public Works Commissioner
- 2 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 3 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says
- 5 Schumer Calls For Harsher 'Swatting' Penalties In Visit To Westchester