WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A Mahopac woman has been charged with stealing a Burberry coat worth $1,095 from Bloomingdale's, police said.
Store security told police they saw Susan Villani, 71, take the coat from a display and try to leave the 175 Bloomingdale Road store. They said she was stopped by security officers, who held her for police.
Villani was charged with fourth-degree grand larceny, a felony, and released on $500 bail.
Earlier the same day, Jan. 9, a White Plains woman was charged with stealing jewelry and clothes worth more than $800 from Target, police said.
Store security told police they saw Hilda Dyson, 69, take several items from the jewelry and clothing departments and hide them in a Target shopping bag. When she tried to leave, security stopped her and held her for police.
Dyson was charged with petit larceny, a misdemeanor, and held for court.
- 1 White Plains Native Zuckerberg Ranks 16th On Billionaires List
- 2 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 3 White Plains Cop Hid Computer Hard Drive After Killings, Report Says
- 4 White Plains Actress, School Aide Questioned About Baring Breasts
- 5 White Plains Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm