WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A Mahopac woman has been charged with stealing a Burberry coat worth $1,095 from Bloomingdale's, police said.
Store security told police they saw Susan Villani, 71, take the coat from a display and try to leave the 175 Bloomingdale Road store. They said she was stopped by security officers, who held her for police.
Villani was charged with fourth-degree grand larceny, a felony, and released on $500 bail.
Earlier the same day, Jan. 9, a White Plains woman was charged with stealing jewelry and clothes worth more than $800 from Target, police said.
Store security told police they saw Hilda Dyson, 69, take several items from the jewelry and clothing departments and hide them in a Target shopping bag. When she tried to leave, security stopped her and held her for police.
Dyson was charged with petit larceny, a misdemeanor, and held for court.
- 1 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Paul Fried Named New White Plains Schools Superintendent
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In White Plains
- 4 White Plains HS Community Mourns Loss Of Teacher, Coach Tom Eaton
- 5 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester