WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A Mahopac woman has been charged with stealing a Burberry coat worth $1,095 from Bloomingdale's, police said.
Store security told police they saw Susan Villani, 71, take the coat from a display and try to leave the 175 Bloomingdale Road store. They said she was stopped by security officers, who held her for police.
Villani was charged with fourth-degree grand larceny, a felony, and released on $500 bail.
Earlier the same day, Jan. 9, a White Plains woman was charged with stealing jewelry and clothes worth more than $800 from Target, police said.
Store security told police they saw Hilda Dyson, 69, take several items from the jewelry and clothing departments and hide them in a Target shopping bag. When she tried to leave, security stopped her and held her for police.
Dyson was charged with petit larceny, a misdemeanor, and held for court.
- 1 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 2 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95
- 3 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 4 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam
- 5 Cuomo Bans Non-Essential State Travel To Indiana