WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A White Plains man stole a woman’s purse holding a Google Nexus tablet and keyboard case at The Iron Tomato cafe on Mamaroneck Avenue, then ran toward the Galleria, police said.
A man wearing an Iron Tomato shirt and an apron ran across Mamaroneck Avenue onto Martine Avenue Sunday afternoon chasing the thief, police said. He found police officers and told them a woman’s purse had been stolen and the thief ran out of the restaurant and toward the Galleria on Martine Avenue.
Police had the witness ride in their car to look for the thief. While on Quarropas Street, the witness identified a suspect by the walkway behind the White Plains Department of Public Safety, 77 S. Lexington Ave. The suspect, Malik Ellis, 17, of White Plains, was arrested.
Ellis was charged with fifth-degree criminal possession of stolen property, a misdemeanor.
Officers found a Google Nexus tablet worth $275 in his pocket, but Ellis did not have the keyboard case, police said.
- 1 Cuomo Lessens Ebola Quarantine Protocols Due To Outside Pressure
- 2 White Plains' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 Mount Vernon Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Is ID'd