WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Two White Plains men have been charged with grabbing a gold chain from another man Wednesday near 10 Robertson Ave., police said.
Lateef Outlaw, 35, and Richard E. Lewis III, 30, were charged with second-degree robbery and fourth-degree conspiracy, both felonies. Police said more charges are expected.
The victim, a 28-year-old White Plains man, reported the incident at 4:44 p.m. Wednesday. He told police two men snatched the gold chain he was wearing, then ran away. Although force was used, the victim was not injured, the report said.
Police found and arrested Outlaw nearby on Robertson Avenue. Lewis was found about an hour later outside 188 Fisher Ave.
Both were positively identified and both have extensive criminal records, according to the police report. Both are also being looked at as potential suspects for similar crimes recently reported in the city.
Both men were being held for arraignment.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 White Plains Parking Officer Offered To Drop Ticket For Sex, Say Police
- 3 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 4 Rivals Stepinac, Iona Prep Meet For CHSFL Football Title
- 5 Snow Likely In White Plains On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year