WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A White Plains man was sentenced Tuesday to 13 years to life in prison for the sexual assault of a 26-year-old woman, District Attorney Janet DiFiore announced.
Alberto Gomez Ojeda pleaded guilty Sept. 10 to one count of first-degree predatory sexual assault, a felony.
“It is every woman’s nightmare to be walking home from work and accosted at knifepoint and forcibly raped,” DiFiore said in a statement. “Aggressive detective work and forensics quickly tied this defendant to the crime, leading to his arrest and conviction.”
On March 30, Ojeda, of 125 Lake St., approached the woman as she walked home alone in the area of Lake Street after midnight. DiFiore said in the release that Ojeda put a knife to the woman's neck and face and dragged her down a dark driveway. He then sexually assaulted and forcibly raped the woman at knife point.
Ojeda ran, but White Plains police arrested him the next day.
Assistant District Attorney Wendy Parra of the Sex Crimes Bureau prosecuted the case.
- 1 Westchester Businesses Scramble To Keep Cadbury Chocolate In Stock
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 4 White Plains Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits White Plains