WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A White Plains man was charged with hitting his girlfriend with his belt Saturday night during an argument over going out, police said.
The 26-year-old victim reported the incident to police, but her boyfriend, Rogiuro Cortez-Ramiez, 23, had left their apartment before police arrived.
She gave a description of Ramiez-Cortez to police, who found him at the corner of Orawaupum and W. Post Road. Police had the girlfriend confirm his identity. He was charged with second-degree menacing and held for court.
At headquarters, police discovered that Ramiez-Cortez was wanted on a warrant from the City of White Plains charging him with failure to pay a fine.
- 1 White Plains Parking Officer Offered To Drop Ticket For Sex, Say Police
- 2 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 3 Snow Likely In White Plains On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 4 White Plains Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 White Plains HS Students Protest Non-Indictment In Ferguson