WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A White Plains man was charged with hitting his girlfriend with his belt Saturday night during an argument over going out, police said.
The 26-year-old victim reported the incident to police, but her boyfriend, Rogiuro Cortez-Ramiez, 23, had left their apartment before police arrived.
She gave a description of Ramiez-Cortez to police, who found him at the corner of Orawaupum and W. Post Road. Police had the girlfriend confirm his identity. He was charged with second-degree menacing and held for court.
At headquarters, police discovered that Ramiez-Cortez was wanted on a warrant from the City of White Plains charging him with failure to pay a fine.
- 1 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 2 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 3 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 4 Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Westchester Depositors
- 5 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans