WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A White Plains man was charged with hitting his girlfriend with his belt Saturday night during an argument over going out, police said.
The 26-year-old victim reported the incident to police, but her boyfriend, Rogiuro Cortez-Ramiez, 23, had left their apartment before police arrived.
She gave a description of Ramiez-Cortez to police, who found him at the corner of Orawaupum and W. Post Road. Police had the girlfriend confirm his identity. He was charged with second-degree menacing and held for court.
At headquarters, police discovered that Ramiez-Cortez was wanted on a warrant from the City of White Plains charging him with failure to pay a fine.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 State Police Warn White Plains Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 White Plains Safety Commissioner Shocked By Ex-Officer's Role In Murders
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash On Sprain Brook
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York