WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A White Plains man was charged with hitting his girlfriend with his belt Saturday night during an argument over going out, police said.
The 26-year-old victim reported the incident to police, but her boyfriend, Rogiuro Cortez-Ramiez, 23, had left their apartment before police arrived.
She gave a description of Ramiez-Cortez to police, who found him at the corner of Orawaupum and W. Post Road. Police had the girlfriend confirm his identity. He was charged with second-degree menacing and held for court.
At headquarters, police discovered that Ramiez-Cortez was wanted on a warrant from the City of White Plains charging him with failure to pay a fine.
- 1 White Plains Ranks As Best Town To Live In New York
- 2 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 3 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 4 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 5 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History