WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A White Plains man was charged with hitting his girlfriend with his belt Saturday night during an argument over going out, police said.
The 26-year-old victim reported the incident to police, but her boyfriend, Rogiuro Cortez-Ramiez, 23, had left their apartment before police arrived.
She gave a description of Ramiez-Cortez to police, who found him at the corner of Orawaupum and W. Post Road. Police had the girlfriend confirm his identity. He was charged with second-degree menacing and held for court.
At headquarters, police discovered that Ramiez-Cortez was wanted on a warrant from the City of White Plains charging him with failure to pay a fine.
- 1 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 2 Snow Could Return To White Plains For Monday Morning Commute
- 3 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College
- 4 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 5 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await White Plains Saturday