WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A White Plains man was charged after snorting cocaine in a bathroom stall at Black Bear Saloon early Monday, police said.
Joseph Cipriano, 26, was charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor.
Plainclothes police walked through the bar at 166 Mamaroneck Ave. checking for illegal activity when they saw the suspect walk into a bathroom stall. They heard Cipriano sniffing, then saw him leave the bathroom and followed him out, the report says.
He returned to the bathroom about three minutes later and spent about one minute inside a stall, then left again, the report says.
Police asked Cipriano if he had any illegal substances on him, and he said, “Yes, in my jacket pocket, just one bag,” the report says. Police found a Newport cigarette box in his jacket pocket, which had a clear plastic bag containing 700 milligrams of a white powdery substance they believe to be cocaine.
Cipriano was released on $100 bail and is due Jan. 29 in City Court.
- 1 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 2 Snow Could Return To White Plains For Monday Morning Commute
- 3 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College
- 4 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 5 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await White Plains Saturday