WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A White Plains man was charged after snorting cocaine in a bathroom stall at Black Bear Saloon early Monday, police said.
Joseph Cipriano, 26, was charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor.
Plainclothes police walked through the bar at 166 Mamaroneck Ave. checking for illegal activity when they saw the suspect walk into a bathroom stall. They heard Cipriano sniffing, then saw him leave the bathroom and followed him out, the report says.
He returned to the bathroom about three minutes later and spent about one minute inside a stall, then left again, the report says.
Police asked Cipriano if he had any illegal substances on him, and he said, “Yes, in my jacket pocket, just one bag,” the report says. Police found a Newport cigarette box in his jacket pocket, which had a clear plastic bag containing 700 milligrams of a white powdery substance they believe to be cocaine.
Cipriano was released on $100 bail and is due Jan. 29 in City Court.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 White Plains Safety Commissioner Shocked By Ex-Officer's Role In Murders
- 4 State Police Warn White Plains Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 White Plains' AMF Bowling Center Renovated, Re-opening As Bowlmor Lanes