WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. ‒ Police are investigating a letter containing white powder that was sent to The Journal News Friday, White Plains Public Safety Commissioner David Chong said.
An employee opened the letter a little after noon while seated in a car in the White Plains Library parking garage. The employee contacted police, who have since impounded the car.
"The vehicle is now impounded and will be taken to a safe location so the powder can be recovered and examined," Chong said. "The employees are requesting that they get decontaminated, and we are doing that."
Police blocked the garage entrance as they and a hazmat team searched the parked car.
Check back with The White Plains Daily Voice for more information as it becomes available.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over White Plains Skies Sunday
- 2 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95
- 3 New Boutique Residential Rental Projects In White Plains Top Week's News
- 4 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Parts Of Westchester County
- 5 White Plains Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday