WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A White Plains man, 62, was caught with crack cocaine while trying to steal $400 worth of property from Nuway Cleaners, according to a police report.
Michael Morabito, of Odell Avenue, was charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, third-degree criminal trespassing and petit larceny, all misdemeanors.
Police responded to a report of a man stealing property from 110 W. Post Road around 8:16 p.m. Friday. Police found Morabito climbing down a ladder into the building's fenced-in backyard. Police told him to climb back over the fence.
Morabito said he was looking for cans, but police checked the area and found that a shed within the fenced area appeared to have been broken into. After searching the suspect, police found a tin foil packet with an off-white rock believed to be crack cocaine in his pants pocket.
Police then contacted the owner of Nuway Cleaners, who said two gas-powered leaf blowers, four shovels and two mops, all totaling $400 in value, were missing from the shed. Police later found the items in a parking lot behind the cleaners.
Morabito was arrested and held for court.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over White Plains Skies Sunday
- 2 Good Counsel Witnesses Another Protest Against Sale Of White Plains School
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact White Plains On Wednesday
- 4 White Plains Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 5 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95