WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A White Plains man, 62, was caught with crack cocaine while trying to steal $400 worth of property from Nuway Cleaners, according to a police report.
Michael Morabito, of Odell Avenue, was charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, third-degree criminal trespassing and petit larceny, all misdemeanors.
Police responded to a report of a man stealing property from 110 W. Post Road around 8:16 p.m. Friday. Police found Morabito climbing down a ladder into the building's fenced-in backyard. Police told him to climb back over the fence.
Morabito said he was looking for cans, but police checked the area and found that a shed within the fenced area appeared to have been broken into. After searching the suspect, police found a tin foil packet with an off-white rock believed to be crack cocaine in his pants pocket.
Police then contacted the owner of Nuway Cleaners, who said two gas-powered leaf blowers, four shovels and two mops, all totaling $400 in value, were missing from the shed. Police later found the items in a parking lot behind the cleaners.
Morabito was arrested and held for court.
- 1 White Plains Ranks As Best Town To Live In New York
- 2 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 3 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 4 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 5 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History