WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A Bronx man was charged in the theft of two knit hats from Sears in White Plains, police said.
Store security told police that Antonio De Jesus, 29, entered the men’s department around 8 p.m. Saturday and took one Levi's hat worth $25 and one Seirus hat worth $21.99 and placed them in a Sears plastic shopping bag. He then tried to leave the store without paying. Security stopped and held him for police.
De Jesus was charged with petty larceny, a misdemeanor. He was held for court on $500 bail.
- 1 Westchester Businesses Scramble To Keep Cadbury Chocolate In Stock
- 2 White Plains Native Zuckerberg Ranks 16th On Billionaires List
- 3 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 4 Sex Offenders Live Near White Plains Pre-K's, Report Says
- 5 White Plains Actress, School Aide Questioned About Baring Breasts