WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A Bronx man was charged in the theft of two knit hats from Sears in White Plains, police said.
Store security told police that Antonio De Jesus, 29, entered the men’s department around 8 p.m. Saturday and took one Levi's hat worth $25 and one Seirus hat worth $21.99 and placed them in a Sears plastic shopping bag. He then tried to leave the store without paying. Security stopped and held him for police.
De Jesus was charged with petty larceny, a misdemeanor. He was held for court on $500 bail.
- 1 Robber Walks Off With $90,000 From White Plains Gas Station, Police Say
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 White Plains Man Pleads Guilty To Manslaughter In Vodka Bottle Case
- 4 Suspect Apprehended In $90K White Plains Auto Shop Robbery
- 5 Rye Police Identify High School Student Charged In Latest Bomb Threat