WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A Bronx man was charged in the theft of two knit hats from Sears in White Plains, police said.
Store security told police that Antonio De Jesus, 29, entered the men’s department around 8 p.m. Saturday and took one Levi's hat worth $25 and one Seirus hat worth $21.99 and placed them in a Sears plastic shopping bag. He then tried to leave the store without paying. Security stopped and held him for police.
De Jesus was charged with petty larceny, a misdemeanor. He was held for court on $500 bail.
- 1 Two Westchester Post Offices Offer Extended Hours For Tax Day
- 2 White Plains Doctor Predicts Tough Days Ahead For Spring Allergies
- 3 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 4 White Plains Office Assistant Posed As Dentist While Boss Was Away
- 5 Schools In Westchester Reporting High Test Opt-Out Rates