WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A Bronx man was charged in the theft of two knit hats from Sears in White Plains, police said.
Store security told police that Antonio De Jesus, 29, entered the men’s department around 8 p.m. Saturday and took one Levi's hat worth $25 and one Seirus hat worth $21.99 and placed them in a Sears plastic shopping bag. He then tried to leave the store without paying. Security stopped and held him for police.
De Jesus was charged with petty larceny, a misdemeanor. He was held for court on $500 bail.
- 1 Good Counsel Witnesses Another Protest Against Sale Of White Plains School
- 2 White Plains Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Nor'easter To Impact White Plains On Wednesday
- 4 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola