WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – A Bronx man was charged in the theft of two knit hats from Sears in White Plains, police said.
Store security told police that Antonio De Jesus, 29, entered the men’s department around 8 p.m. Saturday and took one Levi's hat worth $25 and one Seirus hat worth $21.99 and placed them in a Sears plastic shopping bag. He then tried to leave the store without paying. Security stopped and held him for police.
De Jesus was charged with petty larceny, a misdemeanor. He was held for court on $500 bail.
- 1 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack
- 2 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 3 U.S. $1.1M Water Treatment Westchester Fine Cites White Plains
- 4 Westchester Parades, Dedications Celebrate True Meaning Of Memorial Day
- 5 Man Found Hiding In Closet At Edgemont Home Is Charged With Burglary