GREENBURGH, N.Y. - Police evacuated students from the Solomon Schechter School of Westchester in Hartsdale and White Plains Monday after they said a bomb threat was emailed to the school.
Police evacuated both the Hartsdale location, which serves grades six through 12, and the White Plains school, which serves kindergarten through fifth grades. All the students were sent home between 10:30 and 11 a.m., Greenburgh Police said,
The Westchester County Bomb Squad swept the schools but did not find anything, police said.
There are no suspects and police are investigating the threat.
It was unknown Monday afternoon if the schools would be open Tuesday.
A police officer was in front of the Hartsdale school Monday afternoon directing traffic away from the campus.
In addition, Ardsley High School was evacuated for a bomb threat shortly after noon Monday. Police could not say if the two threats were related.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 Argument Leads To Stabbing At Galleria In White Plains
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Gang Members Charged With Murder, Other Felonies In White Plains Court
- 5 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore