YONKERS, N.Y. -- A 12-year-old Yonkers boy has been charged with second-degree arson after a fire on Saratoga Avenue in Yonkers, according to Yonkers Police.
Police responded to the fire about 10:24 p.m. on Saturday at 191 Saratoga Ave. After an investigation, the boy was taken into custody, police said.
He is being held at Woodfield Cottage, the Westchester County juvenile detention center in Valhalla, according to police.
Police declined to release further information about the boy because of his age.
The three-alarm fire damaged two buildings and displaced dozens of residents, according to The Journal News.
- 1 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 2 Greenburgh Police Officer Linked To Racist Comment, Report Says
- 3 Former School Employee, Armonk Man Charged In $280K Scam
- 4 Likely Arrest Of Senate Leader Skelos Tied To Scarsdale Firm, Report Says
- 5 Bud Light Apologizes For Bottle Label Some Believe Promotes Rape