WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – William Patrick Downey of White Plains died Jan. 29. He was 94.
He was born July 21, 1918, in Joplin, Mo., to Joseph Edward and Hermina Engriser Downey. He was an Eagle Scout and served in the National Guard from 1936 to 1938. He served in the U.S. Navy from 1942 to 1950. Downey married Ursula Donovan on Feb. 2, 1946, in Staten Island.
Downey worked for the Chevron Corp. as a sales executive for 50 years. He was a Eucharistic minister and lector at St. John the Evangelist Church in White Plains.
Downey is survived by his wife; four children, Rosemary Mascali of North White Plains, Deidre Smialowski of Newtown, Conn., Andrea Downey of New York City and Kevin Patrick Downey of Wilton, Conn.; and seven grandchildren.
Visitation is from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday at McMahon, Lyon & Hartnett Funeral Home in White Plains. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. at St. John the Evangelist Church in White Plains, officiated by the Rev. Timothy Wiggins. Burial will follow at Mount Calvary Cemetery in Greenburgh.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to St. John the Evangelist Church. 148 Hamilton Ave., White Plains, NY 10601.
- 1 Westchester Businesses Scramble To Keep Cadbury Chocolate In Stock
- 2 White Plains Native Zuckerberg Ranks 16th On Billionaires List
- 3 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 4 Sex Offenders Live Near White Plains Pre-K's, Report Says
- 5 White Plains Actress, School Aide Questioned About Baring Breasts