WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Walter S. Newman, a former White Plains CPA, died Aug. 4 at his home in Boca Raton, Fla. He was 94.
He was born Dec. 29, 1917, in New York City to Rose and Samuel Newman. He served in the military during World War II and received a Purple Heart. Newman graduated from St. John's University as a certified public accountant and worked as a partner at Resnick & Newman Certified Public Accountants for more than 65 years. He was an avid golfer and enjoyed fishing.
Newman is survived by a daughter, Cindy Grider and two grandchildren, Justin and Leah Saltzman.
A memorial gathering will be held from 1 to 5 p.m. Oct. 14 at the Suburban Golf Club in Union, N.J.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Westchester Businesses Scramble To Keep Cadbury Chocolate In Stock
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 5 White Plains Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday