WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Walter S. Newman, a former White Plains CPA, died Aug. 4 at his home in Boca Raton, Fla. He was 94.
He was born Dec. 29, 1917, in New York City to Rose and Samuel Newman. He served in the military during World War II and received a Purple Heart. Newman graduated from St. John's University as a certified public accountant and worked as a partner at Resnick & Newman Certified Public Accountants for more than 65 years. He was an avid golfer and enjoyed fishing.
Newman is survived by a daughter, Cindy Grider and two grandchildren, Justin and Leah Saltzman.
A memorial gathering will be held from 1 to 5 p.m. Oct. 14 at the Suburban Golf Club in Union, N.J.
- 1 Three White Plains Businesses Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 2 White Plains Little League Baseball Teams Advance To State Playoffs
- 3 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 4 Man Faces DWI Charge After Crash In White Plains
- 5 White Plains Police Investigating Assault That Left Man Unconscious