WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Walter S. Newman, a former White Plains CPA, died Aug. 4 at his home in Boca Raton, Fla. He was 94.
He was born Dec. 29, 1917, in New York City to Rose and Samuel Newman. He served in the military during World War II and received a Purple Heart. Newman graduated from St. John's University as a certified public accountant and worked as a partner at Resnick & Newman Certified Public Accountants for more than 65 years. He was an avid golfer and enjoyed fishing.
Newman is survived by a daughter, Cindy Grider and two grandchildren, Justin and Leah Saltzman.
A memorial gathering will be held from 1 to 5 p.m. Oct. 14 at the Suburban Golf Club in Union, N.J.
- 1 White Plains Ranks As Best Town To Live In New York
- 2 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 3 Letter: 'Cardinal Dolan Makes No Sense Whatsoever' On Merging Churches
- 4 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 5 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit