WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Walter S. Newman, a former White Plains CPA, died Aug. 4 at his home in Boca Raton, Fla. He was 94.
He was born Dec. 29, 1917, in New York City to Rose and Samuel Newman. He served in the military during World War II and received a Purple Heart. Newman graduated from St. John's University as a certified public accountant and worked as a partner at Resnick & Newman Certified Public Accountants for more than 65 years. He was an avid golfer and enjoyed fishing.
Newman is survived by a daughter, Cindy Grider and two grandchildren, Justin and Leah Saltzman.
A memorial gathering will be held from 1 to 5 p.m. Oct. 14 at the Suburban Golf Club in Union, N.J.
- 1 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To White Plains
- 3 White Plains Man Charged In Greenburgh Shooting
- 4 White Plains Shopping Center Has Been Spruced Up With Fashion, Bowling
- 5 Manhattan Building Collapses After Apparent Gas Explosion