WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Sr. Miriam Moran, RDC, (formerly known as Sr. Mary Charles), a Sister of the Divine Compassion, died June 26. She was 92.
Sr. Moran was born in White Plains, in 1922, she was the daughter of Martin and Ellen Brown Moran. She attended St. John’s Elementary School and Good Counsel High School. She received her BA from Good Counsel College, an MA from Fordham University and a Ph.D. in History from Fordham University. In her years in academia she served as academic dean and professor of History at Good Counsel College, vice president for Enrollment at the College of White Plains and Pace University. After her retirement from these positions, she served in many capacities for the congregation.
Sister Moran is survived by the Sisters of the Divine Compassion; cousin, Msgr. Daniel Flynn; and friend, Estelle Bradley.
Funeral Service will be held at 10 a.m. Monday, June 30 with Fr. John Quinn officiating, at the Chapel of the Divine Compassion, 52 North Broadway, White Plains. Interment at Mount Calvary Cemetery, 575 Hillside Ave., White Plains.
Memorial donations may be sent to the Sisters of the Divine Compassion, 52 North Broadway, White Plains, NY 10603.
For more information, please visit: www.mcmahonfuneralhome.com
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 3 Man, 34, Is Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI
- 4 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester
- 5 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report