WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Shirley E. McVoy, a White Plains resident, died Aug. 8. She was 97.
McVoy was born June 28, 1917, in Milwaukee to Charles and Hazel Sullivan. She worked as a real estate agent for over 30 years before retiring.
McVoy is survived by her children, Patricia Anne McVoy Cousins of White Plains and Jean Marie McVoy Pratt of Southern Shores N.C.; brother, Charles Jerome Sullivan; six grandchildren; and seven great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, John M McVoy; son, John Michael McVoy; and sister, Barbara Jean Sullivan Swift.
Calling hours are Monday, Aug. 11 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at McMahon, Lyon & Hartnett Funeral Home Inc., 491 Mamaroneck Ave., White Plains. Funeral Service will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 12 at Our Lady of Sorrows Church, 920 Mamaroneck Ave., White Plains. Interment at Gate of Heaven Cemetery, 10 W. Stevens Ave., Hawthorne.
- 1 White Plains Native Zuckerberg Ranks 16th On Billionaires List
- 2 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 3 White Plains Cop Hid Computer Hard Drive After Killings, Report Says
- 4 White Plains Actress, School Aide Questioned About Baring Breasts
- 5 White Plains Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm