WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Shirley E. McVoy, a White Plains resident, died Aug. 8. She was 97.
McVoy was born June 28, 1917, in Milwaukee to Charles and Hazel Sullivan. She worked as a real estate agent for over 30 years before retiring.
McVoy is survived by her children, Patricia Anne McVoy Cousins of White Plains and Jean Marie McVoy Pratt of Southern Shores N.C.; brother, Charles Jerome Sullivan; six grandchildren; and seven great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, John M McVoy; son, John Michael McVoy; and sister, Barbara Jean Sullivan Swift.
Calling hours are Monday, Aug. 11 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at McMahon, Lyon & Hartnett Funeral Home Inc., 491 Mamaroneck Ave., White Plains. Funeral Service will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 12 at Our Lady of Sorrows Church, 920 Mamaroneck Ave., White Plains. Interment at Gate of Heaven Cemetery, 10 W. Stevens Ave., Hawthorne.
- 1 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 2 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 3 Snow Could Return To White Plains For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam
- 5 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents