WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Shirley E. McVoy, a White Plains resident, died Aug. 8. She was 97.
McVoy was born June 28, 1917, in Milwaukee to Charles and Hazel Sullivan. She worked as a real estate agent for over 30 years before retiring.
McVoy is survived by her children, Patricia Anne McVoy Cousins of White Plains and Jean Marie McVoy Pratt of Southern Shores N.C.; brother, Charles Jerome Sullivan; six grandchildren; and seven great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, John M McVoy; son, John Michael McVoy; and sister, Barbara Jean Sullivan Swift.
Calling hours are Monday, Aug. 11 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at McMahon, Lyon & Hartnett Funeral Home Inc., 491 Mamaroneck Ave., White Plains. Funeral Service will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 12 at Our Lady of Sorrows Church, 920 Mamaroneck Ave., White Plains. Interment at Gate of Heaven Cemetery, 10 W. Stevens Ave., Hawthorne.
- 1 Cuomo Lessens Ebola Quarantine Protocols Due To Outside Pressure
- 2 White Plains' First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 Mount Vernon Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Is ID'd