WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Ronald L. Bernhard of White Plains died April 8. He was 64.
Bernhard was born Jan. 26, 1950. He was educated at Hofstra University and New York University. He retired after a 35 year career at TIAA CREF as an investment officer. He started his own consulting firm and began a new career as a volunteer. This included: Westchester Community College ESL Department, The Volunteer Center of United Way and Big Brothers Big Sisters as a board member. He was a native New Yorker.
Bernhard is survived by his wife, Tess Cerra; children, Amanda and Adam Bernhard of Elmsford;
Calling hours are Friday, April 11 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Hawthorne Funeral Home. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. at the Holy Name of Jesus Church, Valhalla. Interment at the Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Hawthorne.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Bernhard’s memory to the Volunteer Center of United Way, Big Brothers Big Sisters and the Dickstein Cancer Center in White Plains, N.Y.
For more information, please visit: www.hawthornefuneralhome.com
- 1 9-Year-Old Plans To Rock White Plains With His Debut Album
- 2 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 3 State Police Warn White Plains Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Stepinac Grad Recovering As 'Ice Missile' From 18-Wheeler Breaks Windshield
- 5 Bishop Cites Slain Harrison Sisters' Goodness In Funeral Mass