WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Ronald L. Bernhard of White Plains died April 8. He was 64.
Bernhard was born Jan. 26, 1950. He was educated at Hofstra University and New York University. He retired after a 35 year career at TIAA CREF as an investment officer. He started his own consulting firm and began a new career as a volunteer. This included: Westchester Community College ESL Department, The Volunteer Center of United Way and Big Brothers Big Sisters as a board member. He was a native New Yorker.
Bernhard is survived by his wife, Tess Cerra; children, Amanda and Adam Bernhard of Elmsford;
Calling hours are Friday, April 11 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Hawthorne Funeral Home. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. at the Holy Name of Jesus Church, Valhalla. Interment at the Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Hawthorne.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Bernhard’s memory to the Volunteer Center of United Way, Big Brothers Big Sisters and the Dickstein Cancer Center in White Plains, N.Y.
For more information, please visit: www.hawthornefuneralhome.com
- 1 It's A Girl: Westchester's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth
- 2 Renovated Starbucks Reopen In White Plains, Rye, Rye Brook
- 3 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus
- 4 Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Targets Homeschooling
- 5 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer