WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Robert F. Klotz Jr. of White Plains died Saturday, Sept. 29. He was 50.
He was born May 25, 1962, in Brooklyn to Alice and Robert F. Klotz Sr. He graduated from Ramapo High School in Spring Valley, N.Y., and married Cynthia Greco on May 3, 1997, at St. Vito's Church in Mamaroneck.
Klotz worked as a quarry operator at Tilcon New York Inc. for several years. He later worked for Fairway Testing and was a concrete inspector during the building of The Westchester mall in White Plains.
He then worked at Woodland Partners LLC in Walpole, Mass., as a service representative and manager. Most recently, Klotz worked for Healy Electric in White Plains. He was an avid reader, especially science fiction and history. He also loved music, was able to fix just about anything and liked to call himself a font of useless information, his family said.
Klotz is survived by his parents, Robert and Alice of New City, N.Y.; his wife, Cynthia of White Plains; a brother, Michael Klotz of Fanwood, N.J.; two sisters, Patricia Garrison of Walden, N.Y., and Eileen Reilly of Moon Township, Pa.; a sister-in-law, Denise Magnani of West Harrison; two nieces; and two nephews.
The family will receive friends from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday at McMahon, Lyon & Hartnett Funeral Home in White Plains, with a service starting at 2:30 p.m.
- 1 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 2 309 White Plains Dads Attend Take Your Kid To School Day
- 3 FASNY Plan Could 'Disrupt' White Plains Schools' Operations, Officials Say
- 4 National Weather Service: White Plains' Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 5 State Advises Parents To Be Aware Of Signs Of Serious Respiratory Virus